Did you know that payment service providers are taking note of online conversations and shaping their processes and technology based on what consumers want in terms of mobile payment experiences? Here’s a peek at what that looks like:
After analyzing 19.1 million social posts across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, forums, Weibo, Google+ and YouTube, the study uncovered a number of trends in social media conversations:
- Consumers are interested in learning more about “enriched experiences delivered through mobile payments, such as convenience, loyalty and rewards.”
- 94% of online conversations lean favorably towards mobile payments..
- Consumers are excited to share their purchases made via mobile payments on social.
Major companies across the globe are playing a vital role in the online mobile payment atmosphere. Key players driving the competition include brands like Apple, PayPal, Starbucks, and eBay, among others.
So what do these conversation trends tell us about what to expect in mobile payment technology? We can anticipate the following:
- Better consumer experience
- Improved, more user-friendly mobile wallet experiences
- More businesses accepting mobile payments
Mobile payments are quickly becoming an integral part of consumers’ daily lives. In order for businesses to stay competitive, it’s important for them to stay on top of the trends in the industry.